Skip to main content

Olga .... Five Shoots, Five Different Looks

Over the years I have worked with many make up artists, some on a regular basis maybe once or twice a year as they are very busy working on paid jobs such as weddings between April and October especially. As I was looking through an index of this years shoots I noticed I have worked with Olga Barassi four times this year and once at the end of last year which was the first time we met.
The first shoot with with Shanielle Richardson from West Bromwich via Anguilla was a standard beauty shoot shot in my studio.



Our second shoot was a Asian Bridal with Sonia a part time model based in Solihul I used a large softbox as the main light with a smaller beauty dish as fill in and speedlight on the background. For the third and fourth images I had Sonia lying down on red bedspread lit from above with Octabox softbox and reflectors.



Shoot number three was meant to concentrate on the eyes and a simple hairstyle with artificial flowers attached to the model Zara, again the lighting was mainly one light on the model with reflectors, the white background image blown out with speedlites and post processing with Photoshop and Alien Skin Exposure.


Our fourth shoot was with the lovely Flavia as pin up inspired with the make up being typical of the genre and the models hair done in victory rolls. First three images were shot in natural light with reflectors to fill in where needed.




The final shoot was a wet beauty shoot with Karel who I previously shot with 2011, using a kiddies paddling pool which I lined with black polythene and lit with a single speedlite with a beauty dish attachment as using electricity was definite no-no as electricy and water do not mix, the first image was shot before Karel got into the pool, the second and third while in it and the last was just before she dried up.



Olga's Website 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shelby and Shiro

 First post of the year and a bitter sweet one. I had previously worked model Jaguar Pearce in 2019, we kept in contact via social media and a local photographers and model group we were both members of, We had arranged to do a golden hour shoot in one of the fields close to my home, then the pandemic struck fast forward to June and a date had been arranged and we were lucky with the weather until the afternoon of the shoot when it clouded over, so  no glorious backlit images of Jaguar and her dogs Shelby a Alsatian Malamute and Shiro a Japanese Spitz. We had an hour or so taking images and surprisingly only other couple walking their dog. The bitter part of the shoot was that Shiro had to be put down due canine cancer.

Irida At Aatish Studio

 I have been using Aatish's studio for just under two years although I knew of its existence for some time, just a matter of having funds stopped me booking it before I eventually did. Especially as it was only three miles from my home, unfortunately it has been sold and I have had my last shoot there. September, Irida was in Birmingham and I managed to book a half day shoot with her at late notice due to me having a few medical problems that will need surgery eventually I could not commit to a date earlier. As she was only available during the afternoon I had to rethink the shoot I planned as I always shoot in natural light as much as possible and make the most of the facilities at studio. Only one image shown here was flash used, in the bathroom at the end of the shoot. .

Nicole At The Hacienda

I have fancied shooting at The Hacienda for some time and I am glad I finally got to do so. Sean the owner is a gracious host and extremely helpful when explaining the ins and outs of shooting there. The studio itself is stunning with so much light you can shoot at mid level iso settings comfortably. Being such an open space you have a lot of flexibility where and what you can shoot and not run out of options. Any money made by the studio is given to homeless charities which is another reason to use it. I have previously worked with Nicole so working with her again was a easy choice. We got through a lot of sets and I have just added one from each set.