Skip to main content

Guys Cliffe - Art Nude Amongst The Ruins

Guys Cliffe, near Warwick is a venue I always fancied shooting at, thinking that it was a little remote to get there, but after checking it was only a mile or so from the nearest train station I booked a spot at an event organised by Nicole Rayner which was split into half day shoots over a weekend. The building itself is a semi derelict stately home which has become a regular spot for organised photographic shoots, Nicole's was focusing on art nude with three other models who excel in the genre, Ivory Flame, Rachelle Summers and Ayla Rose.
There were eight photographers initially split into pairs working with a individual model for two sessions of fifty minutes each, a shorter session of 25 minutes with the two other models you had not worked with earlier and final short group shoot with the all the models. Rather than have a free for all at the end the photographers as a group to set our own individual shots and split up the time to do so, which worked out very well in my own set. Images 1-3 Nicole Rayner, 4-6 Ayla Rose, 7-9 Ivory Flame and Rachelle Summers, 10 & 11 all four models.












Popular posts from this blog

Shelby and Shiro

 First post of the year and a bitter sweet one. I had previously worked model Jaguar Pearce in 2019, we kept in contact via social media and a local photographers and model group we were both members of, We had arranged to do a golden hour shoot in one of the fields close to my home, then the pandemic struck fast forward to June and a date had been arranged and we were lucky with the weather until the afternoon of the shoot when it clouded over, so  no glorious backlit images of Jaguar and her dogs Shelby a Alsatian Malamute and Shiro a Japanese Spitz. We had an hour or so taking images and surprisingly only other couple walking their dog. The bitter part of the shoot was that Shiro had to be put down due canine cancer.

Irida At Aatish Studio

 I have been using Aatish's studio for just under two years although I knew of its existence for some time, just a matter of having funds stopped me booking it before I eventually did. Especially as it was only three miles from my home, unfortunately it has been sold and I have had my last shoot there. September, Irida was in Birmingham and I managed to book a half day shoot with her at late notice due to me having a few medical problems that will need surgery eventually I could not commit to a date earlier. As she was only available during the afternoon I had to rethink the shoot I planned as I always shoot in natural light as much as possible and make the most of the facilities at studio. Only one image shown here was flash used, in the bathroom at the end of the shoot. .

Revival ... A Blog Resurrected

Nearly four years after for all intents and purposes abandoning this blog I have decided to start blogging again. As I am virtually retired and not getting much paid work I am relying on my works pension and savings costs have to be reduced so my other websites have been shut down or run on the cheapest tariff. Enough of my woes. I was involved in a charity fashion show in aid of Papyrus which deals with teenage suicide organised by Zizi Youngsam. I took the casting images of the applicants and one of the initial shoots which had the theme of 'strength', this involved a studio session with other photographers as the venue was small I also shot outside on what turned out to be a bright though cold October day using just a reflector an open lens and high iso. As per usual working on the streets of Birmingham you get people gawking and slowing down their cars to get a better look and the some of the models were wearing shorts which meant I worked quickly and got the shots I neede...